Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search Engine basically refers to a software platform that has been built to search for information from the World Wide Web (WWW) easily. WWW basically stores URLs of all websites, their data, and all the information related to these sites. After a search operation is performed on a search engine, all the results fetched are then displayed on search engine result pages (SERPs), The results displayed are mostly websites, images, videos, and sometimes maps as well. Thus, your search for particular information is made much more convenient and accurate by these engines. Some of the major search engines that are utilized around the world are Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
What is Search Engine Optimization or SEO?
Search Engine Optimization is basically a process that helps in displaying & bringing your business website in the top results on search engine result pages (SERPs) whenever a specific set of keywords and phrases is searched by a user. Getting your online business site in the top results helps in attracting a higher number of visitors and also helps in improving the quality of the audience as well. Both the quality and quantity lead to a higher success rate of your business.
Optimizing your website for SEO is a long and rules-based concept, which is why you need to understand all the aspects related to it. There are a lot of aspects such as keyword planning, audience analysis, HTML coding, indexing, backlinks building, content creation and analysis, internal & external links, and organization of website structure as well. Perfectly using all these aspects can really help your online site to rank better.
Types Of SEO
SEO is an enormous subject to understand and study, which is why it has been divided further into two types of SEO. The first type is called the Black Hat and the second type is known as the White Hat.
- Black Hat SEO
As the name suggests, Black Hat involves adopting unethical ways of website optimization for improving its rank greatly. While it may help with rapid results, the main focus in this is always the site rank rather than getting the relevant audience to visit your website. This method used to work in the early days, but with the optimization guidelines becoming stricter for online sites, the website using this technique was found out using updated algorithms and a heavy penalty was imposed too. Various techniques used in the Black Hat technique are link spamming, keyword stuffing, cloaking, hidden text, and links hiding.
- White Hat SEO
White Hat SEO basically refers to the adoption of totally ethical techniques to optimize websites while following the rules and policies set by major search engines. The strategies and tactics followed in this method are completely right and are not penalized by algorithms introduced for website optimization. The ultimate motive of using this technique is to attract higher numbers of relevant visitors rather than just getting higher site rankings.
Some of the methods used in White Hat are keyword planning and analysis, backlinks building, build links for enhancing link recognition, optimized site structure, and content management according to users.
Must-Follow SEO Techniques in 2020 For Better Results
Trends in SEO keep on changing from time to time whenever there is an update in the algorithms and policies of search engines. To help you better here are the top SEO techniques to follow in 2018 for fetching highly profitable results.
- Engage Audience – The engaging audience is one of the most important aspects to focus on as higher the number of relevant visitors to your site, better will be your site rankings.
- Utilize YouTube – YouTube has become really popular in the past few years and videos have proven to hold audiences much longer than written text. So focus on this platform for redirecting users to your business site.
- Website Speed – The speed of your website plays a major role in holding your audience or driving it away. Faster the website, better the user experience, and higher the rankings.
- Backlinks – Backlinks have always proven to get the relevant audience to sites, which is why you need to focus on building backlinks by sharing articles, blogs, images, videos, etc.
- Analytics and Reporting – Analysis of the current elements of your website and getting detailed reports will help in improving your promotion strategies greatly.
So, this was everything essential that you need to be aware of search engine optimization. Doing SEO right helps in taking the business to the road of success rapidly.